Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Special Birthday Gift

 A very special little girl is having her first birthday this week and I got the idea of making a shadow box from this blog.  Amy's SVGs and Other Scrap Stuff

The shadow box is 10 inches x 20 inches and was bought at Michaels.

The files are from My Scrap Chick and I was very sad that I missed their 75% off sale but got them for 50% off an order of $25 or more.

I really wanted to use decorative paper for the background but did not want to piece scrapbook paper. I used Strathmore art paper from Michael's, which comes in 20x26 inch sheets.


Excuse the pictures, it was hard taking pictures through the glass and it is very cloudy today so they are dark.

The background paper has a striped texture that is not showing up in the photos.  Also some of the cardstock is bazzill bling so it has a pretty simmery quality to it. 



The birthday girl's theme is monkey and the colors are brown, green and pink. 






I used my Pazzles Inspiration to cut out all the files, except the branch on the right and the photo corners.  The branch is from Cricut's Straight From The Nest Cartridge.  The photo corners are a Martha Stewart punch.

Supplies:
Cutting files: Jungle Zoo Safari Too
Photo Corner : Martha Stewart Punch.
Branch: Cricut Straight From The Nest.
Flowers: Prima


I cut everything twice and popped the layers up with pop dots. Some items like the title and monkey have three layers.  This was very fun and I cannot wait to see what the bday girl and her family think of it.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment