Monday, November 15, 2010

Alexcis Name Album

My stepdaughter Alexcis loves the peace sign and purple. So as I was strolling through Hobby Lobby during their 50% off paper pad sale. I saw Peace, Love & Happiness from The Paper Studio, I knew exactly what I was making with it. 




Supplies
Patterned paper - The paper studio, Peace, Love & Happiness
Cardstock - From my stash and cricut 12x24" pad
Electronic Cutter - Pazzles Inspiration
Font - dafont, Peace
Binding - The Cinch

I searched dafont for the perfect font and came up with Peace. Each letter has a peace sign incorporated into it.

The Pazzles Inspiration Studio was used to weld the shadow of each letter to a rectangle. I embossed each letter with various sizzix embossing plates and cuttlebug folders.
Then each letter was backed with Doodlebug black glitter paper (which completely took out my mat with the glitter). A tip is to use a lint roller to roll over the mat and remove most of the glitter afterwards.

The Cinch was used to punch the album and their new coil binding in raspberry was used as the binding.

I left the album unfinished and will send her the supplies, as well as cutouts from different cricut cartridges to finish the album. I will include pictures of her summer visit with us. The finished album is 15" wide by 7" high.  I used my 12x24 cricut mat in the Pazzles Inspiration and the 12x24 cricut paper to finish the last 2 pages (due to them being wider than 12").  I then pieced the pattern paper together on top.

 I am happy with the album, I had to quickly put it away after working with the bright colors (can you say headache) but I know that she in all her soon to be 12 year oldness will love it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday sunshine!!!!! Hope you have a fabulous and blessed day. This album is AMAZING!!!!!! You are incredibly talented with machines..... I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete