Wednesday, November 10, 2010

My First Post

Ok, finally taking a step toward setting up my blog.  I will start with a quick intro.  My name is Abby and I am totally in love with scrapbooking, papercrafting and electronic cutters.  I hope to feature some of my projects here and be a source of information and inspiration.  I plan to feature creations using various cutters.  I own, use and love Cricut expression, Cricut Imagine, Silhouette SD, and Pazzles Inspiration.  Each cutter is unique in its own way.

So I will start by showing a project or two.  I decorated a composition notebook for a teen friend of mine.






Her favorite color is purple so that dictated my paper selection.  I used a border punch for the side scallop and the paperpiecing is from Cricut Rock Princess she can be found on page 35 in the handbook.  The monogram is the heart font from the same cartridge embossed with a cuttlebug folder.  I embellished with a little stickles. 

As part of her gift I decorated a canvas messenger bag, bought from Hobby Lobby on clearance for $5. 


I made the applique with my mom's brother embroidery machine. It is a design from ggdesigns http://www.ggdesignsembroidery.com/  They have the cutest designs for machine embroidery.  I used lilac wool felt for the peace sign and adhered it with fabric glue to the bag.  The bag was then embellished with hotfix rhinestones. 

Well hope you enjoyed my first post.

No comments:

Post a Comment