Thursday, November 11, 2010

Notecard Gift Set

Well, in an attempt to make most of my christmas gifts this year.  I totally scraplifted or cardlifted from two talented bloggers, the idea for this notecard set.

I got the card idea from Christina of scraptime.  Link to her video blog here:Scraptime.  She used the Quickutz Fashion Doll Die set and Basic Grey Pyrus paper for her set of cards.  I did not have either of these, so I used the Cricut cartridge Forever Young and a 5x5 pad of Basic Grey's Scarlett Letter.
It is very overcast today, so my pictures are kind of dark.


Supply List:
Cardstock - Papertrey Ink , Stampers white, Kraft and Pure Poppy
Patterned Paper - Basic Grey, Scarlett Letter
Sentiment stamps - Papertreyink, Signature Greetings
Ink- Papertrey Ink, Fresh Snow; Palette L'Amore Red; and Brilliance, Coffee Bean
Rhinestones
Corner Rounder - WeRMemory Keepers
 I used the Gypsy to size the dolls but I think most of them are around 7.5 inches tall, then I cut off their heads and feet.
I did not use all the layers of the cuts.  This set is for my sister.














I wanted a bag to place the cards in, so I did a google search and found lots of nice options.  The pattern for this one came from talented Andrea Walford.  She adapted the pattern from Diana Gibbs you can link to Andrea's site here :Andrea Walford.

I did not have any Basic Grey Scarlett Letter in 12x12, so I searched my stash and found this paper by K& Co.

Supply List:
Paper- K& Co, EcoModern
Ribbon - PTI, True Black Twill
Spellbinders - Nestabilities lable 4
Tab Punch - Stampin Up
Border punch - Ek Success
Rhinestones


Following Andrea's step by step tutorial, the bag/box was very easy to make and it is so cute.  I stamped some envelopes and will add some stamps and a gift card. So one christmas gift done.

1 comment:

  1. Love these! And love those stamps you used for the greetings! I may need to go find those. ;)

    ReplyDelete